You Can Help Your Library, Donate Today!
Donations of any size are greatly appreciated as currently our biggest need is more space!
Checks may be made out to the Barrington Public Library Building Fund and sent to 105 Ramsdell Lane, Barrington NH 03825.
Donations may also be done online through the PayPal:
Please email the Director if you are planning on donating by PayPal. If you want to donate over a period of time, please contact the Director to set up a payment plan.
Help the Library when you do your shopping on Smile.Amazon.com!
Go to smile.amazon.com and search for "The Friends of the Barrington Public Library” and follow the on screen instructions.
Now any time you want to go to Amazon for online shopping, go to smile.amazon.com instead and 0.5% of your purchase cost will go to the Friends of the Barrington Public Library! You may also edit your app settings to automatically open to amazon smile as well! Click here for a how-to.
Library Wish Lists
Amazon Wish List Link
The Library can always use the following items:
- 8 1/2 X 11 copy paper
- Puppets for us to circulate
- Plastic cups
- 12 oz insulated disposable coffee cups with lids
- K cups (coffee, hot cocoa, tea)
- Paper plates (small) for crafts
- Plastic bowls
- Plastic utensils
- Business size envelopes
- Postage stamps
- Snacks for programs such as soda, juice, chips, cookies, and candy
- Post-It notes
- Craft supplies like googly eyes, 9" x 12" construction paper (individual color packages), pipe cleaners, felt, and fun foam sheets
- Summer Reading incentive prizes such as a video games, new toys, gift certificates to movies, restaurants, ice cream, bowling, or the mall
- Adopt a magazine subscription (Call for available titles)
- Excellent condition books, DVDs, audiobooks, video games, and music CDs
Due to limited space in our used book sale area, the Library does not take the following items:
Moldy, tattered, water damaged, or cover-less books; text books over 10 years old; encyclopedia sets over 5 years old; Reader’s Digest Condensed books; audio cassettes; records; VHS tapes; magazines over 1 year old; or outdated computer hardware/software.
If you have materials to donate please call ahead so a staff member can schedule time to look through your donation.
Please do not leave donations outside the Library doors or in the drop box.
Some Larger Items to Consider
- Creation Kits to circulate & for programs: LittleBits Electronics Deluxe Kit ($199.00), or a KIBO Robot ($400.00).
- Summer Reading Prizes: We'd love to have a new eReader, tablet, or iPod to give away as a summer reading incentives. We also welcome gift certificates/cards for movie theaters, restaurants, local shops, and online vendors such as Amazon or iTunes for all ages.
- Funds to Support a Database: Pledge a recurring yearly amount to help provide electronic databases for the community. You can choose to support our genealogy databases ($750.00 for both or $375.00 for one), downloadable audio/e-books ($2,100.00), or help us purchase a new database such as an online e-learning tool (online classes for a variety of topics) ($1,500.00)!
Thank you for your support!