You Can Help Your Library...
Donate to the Building Fund!
Donations of any size are Greatly Appreciated as currently our biggest need is more space! Checks may be made out to the Barrington Public Library Building Fund and sent to 105 Ramsdell Lane, Barrington NH 03825. Donations may also be done online through the PayPal button available on our website homepage.
Please email the Director if you are planning on donating by PayPal. If you want to donated over a period of time, please contact the director to set up a payment plan.
Help the Library when you do your online shopping on Smile.Amazon.com!
Go to smile.amazon.com and search for "The Friends of the Barrington Public Library” and follow the on screen instructions.
Now any time you want to go to Amazon for online shopping, go to smile.amazon.com instead and 0.5% of your purchase cost will go to the Friends of the Barrington Public Library!
Amazon Wish List Link
Click on the WishList link at Amazon.com and search for Barrington Library.
The Library Can Always Use The Following Items
- 8 1/2 X 11 Copy Paper
- Empty ink cartridges to recycle
Due to limited space in our used book sale area the library does not take the following items:
- Puppets for us to circulate
- Plastic Cups
- Paper Plates (small) for crafts
- Plastic Bowls Plastic Spoons & Forks
- Business Size Envelopes
- Postage Stamps
- Snacks for Programs such as Soda, Juice, Chips, Cookies, Candy
- Post It Notes
- Staples Labels (5163/8163) (5161/8161) and (5160/8160)
- Craft Supplies like glue sticks, googly eyes, 9 x 12 construction paper (individual color packages), pipe cleaners, felt, fun foam sheets
- Twin Pocket Portfolios Black with business card pocket
- Summer Reading incentive prizes such a Wii, new toys, gift certificates to movies, restaurants, ice cream, bowling, or the mall
- Adopt a Magazine Subscription (Call for available titles)
- Excellent Condition Books, DVDs, Audio Books on CD, WII, WiiU, XBox360, and PlayStation 3 Games, and Music CDs.
Moldy, tattered, water damaged, or cover-less books, text books over 10 years old, encyclopedia sets over 5 years old, Reader’s Digest Condensed books, audio cassettes, records, VHS Tapes, magazines over 1 year old, or outdated computer hardware.
If you have materials to donate please call ahead so a staff member can schedule time to look through your donation box.
Please do not leave donations outside the library doors or in the drop box.
Some Larger Items to Consider
Thank you for your support!
- Tech Toys to Circulate & Do Programs With: WiiU Game Console ($330.00), Button Maker ($230), LittleBits Electronics Deluxe Kit ($199.00), or a KIBO Robot ($400).
- Summer Reading Prizes: We'd love to have a Kindle or IPOD to give away as a summer reading incentive. New or used in good condition would be wonderful. We also look for movie gift certificates, restaurant gift cards, Ice Cream Coupons to local shops, and ITunes Cards.
- Funds to Support a Database: Pledge a re-curring yearly amount to help provide electronic databases for the community. You can choose to support our genealogy databases ($750 for both or $375.00 for one), downloadable audio/e-books ($2,100), or help us purchase a new database such as an online e-learning tool (online classes for a variety of topics) ($1,500), or, a system that will allow patrons to download music/movies/comics books and more ($6,000 up front cost then yearly fees of approx. $3,000)!